What does it cost us to build a house? We’ll draw it, we’ll live… This little children’s poem by Samuel Yakovlevich Marshak briefly and succinctly describes the essence of the work of architects and designers. In construction, the spirit is primary. First the image or idea is always born, and then it takes material form. Before a house is built, you have to think of it and put the project on paper. This is a very responsible and not the easiest thing to do.
What is architectural design
The architect – the creator and the creator, he thinks through all the details of the future building, and then with the help of special programs transfers its ideas on the screen of the monitor. This is how an architectural design is made. It includes the development of drawings, plans, sketches and documentation for the construction.
One of the most important stages of the architectural design is to draw up plans. This is the basis on which the entire further process is based. First developed architectural plan, and then according to him – a building plan.
What is an architectural design
Architectural plan – the basis of the entire project. It should be presented technical characteristics of the building, its main parameters and dimensions. This is a document that should be prepared taking into account the requirements for both content and design.
Stages of the project
The development of the architectural plan of the house consists of the following stages:
- Determination of the purpose of the future structure, that is, it is necessary to determine what qualities the object will have;
- Design the appearance of the building, its facades;
- the choice of communications system;
- the development of interior decoration, decoration.
It is also important to pay attention to landscape design. The future building should blend in with the environment, but not to enter with it in dissonance.
How to understand the architectural plan
In fact, you don’t have to be a builder or architect to understand the blueprint.
Architectural design is drawn up in accordance with established norms and rules: USCD (unified system for design documentation) and SPDS (system of design documentation for construction). It is a complete document, so it has a clear structure:
- The first page is the title page. It indicates the name of the project, the developer, the date, the address of the future facility. Here everything is simple and clear.
- Catalog of the plan. This is a kind of content of the entire work, which specifies the number of pages of the project (sometimes their name), the scale, the transcription of abbreviations.
- Location plan of the future facility, that is simply a map of the area, which shows the neighboring cities and adjacent highways.
- Site layout. These are the results of the topographic survey, marking the buildings to be demolished, and communication systems.
Architectural plans: what they include
Architectural sheets are numbered in order (A001, A002 and so on). They describe the measurements of the floor plans, wall dimensions, sections and so on. To understand what is written in the architectural sheets, you will first need to understand the building plan:
- Floor plans of the building. To get this image, you have to mentally cut through the building. Everything that falls into the sectioning plane will be represented on the drawing. Therefore, floor plans allow you to determine the location of window and door openings, stairs, partitions, and solid walls. Also, the dimensions of these elements are usually indicated on the drawings.
- Level plans. They indicate the height and types of ceilings. But such a plan is not always included in the projects.
- Roof plan. Allows you to read the location of the elements of the roof.
- Finishing plan. It describes the materials that will be used for interior work.
- List of window and door openings. This specifies the number of doors and windows, their sizes, materials and other.
- Facade of the building. This is a picture of the external walls of the house, a description of the materials from which they are made.
This is a basic, but not all types of architectural plans.
It is still possible for non-professionals to understand the ready-made drawings. But to develop such an architectural and construction plan is unlikely to succeed. Therefore, it is better to apply to design engineers, people with a specialized education. Architectural Bureau will provide a plan of the building to any client. This document is necessary both at the construction stage and for any real estate transactions.
Architectural plan of the city
Traffic jams in the city are the result of the short-sightedness of architects and urban planners. In order to avoid such problems and to achieve the unity of the transport system, the competent arrangement of houses, sidewalks and streets, a master plan of the city is needed. It is much more pleasant to walk around the village, where the houses are located in a certain sequence, everything is beautiful and in order.
There is even a concept of “architectural and spatial composition of the city. Its essence is that the houses and streets in the settlement must be a whole.
The architectural plan of the city includes the street and road network, traffic arteries, the approximate location of buildings, parks, public gardens, boulevards and so on. Designers must anticipate and prevent mass gatherings of people in one part of a settlement and excessive congestion on the highways.
The creation of architectural plans is not an easy activity, but it is interesting. A large number of people take part in the development of projects, all making some contribution to the common cause, giving a piece of their soul. At the origins of both a simple little cottage and the famous Burj Khalifa tower are planners – people who invent the world around us. It’s such an amazing job to “paint” houses.