Many customers are skeptical about creating an interior design concept, considering this stage ephemeral and unnecessary. In fact, this is the basis, without which it is impossible to create a harmonious interior. This is not a set of ready-made ideas and solutions, and the image of the future interior, as you see it.
Feelings and associations are important here. Probably you will not find anything similar in ready-made designer portfolios, and then you have to turn to art. If you have favorite works, trends or eras – this can be a great basis for developing a concept in a modern interpretation. It is always very interesting to work with such references – here the task is not only to show the special taste of the customer, but also to adapt it to modern needs.
The design concept – what is it?
It conveys the atmosphere and mood that needs to be created in the interior. It is impossible to describe in terms, everything is built on personal communication with the customer and the identification of his true desires.
The very concept of the concept – a very broad, it includes a set of ideas and preferences, which may not even be aware of it. The designer will help to formulate these thoughts and transform them into clear directions, which later will turn into specific tasks.
Documentarily, this part of the design project is a description of the future interior on 1-2 sheets, with vivid images that reflect the emotional component of the atmosphere of the house.
Why do you need a concept?
It outlines the circle of your preferences and creates the necessary framework in which the designer will work.
There is a myth that that is what designers are for – to implement absolutely all ideas, and the result must be flawless, fully meeting your expectations.
In practice, everything is different – to create a good interior design you need a framework, without it even the most interesting ideas will be blurred, it will be impossible to personalize them. This framework and are the outlines of the concept – when the creative space is defined, within it you can embody different ideas, and all of them will be in harmony with each other.
The concept solves several problems at once
You yourself gain a clear understanding of what the ideal house should be like. Until there is no central line of work, all the ideas are scattered. And if you try to implement them separately – the result will not be the same as planned.
Having a coordinated line of work ensures that you and your designer understand each other correctly. Such unanimity is necessary to achieve the desired result. For builders, such a mandatory tool is the project – without it, mistakes are inevitable. And the designer needs a concept in order to offer solutions in accordance with your wishes.
Provides a harmonious interior forever. Even when the work on the creation and implementation of the design project is completed, you will still have a reference point. It’s much easier to change your surroundings within the concept than to act at random, pursuing only utilitarian goals.
The design process
The concept is developed on the basis of your preferences, wishes, ideas – all this is discussed during the consultation and fixed in the requirements specification.
Working through this information, taking into account current trends and perspectives, our studio specialists create a general concept. This happens without the client’s participation, a whole team works on the content of the concept.
When the concept is ready, its key elements are manifested in the planning solution. Further, at the stage of 3D-visualization and creation of collages, working out of details becomes more and more detailed.
Just at this stage the choice of materials takes place, architectural solutions are determined in accordance with the budget. By this time, the planning solution and arrangement of furniture in the rooms has already been agreed, but if necessary, you can make adjustments to the 3D visualization.
Important: We start making 3D visualizations only after a general vision of the concept, agreed with the client.
The 3D model of the future apartment is a digital implementation of the concept based on the suggested ideas. Thanks to this you can visualize how the finished apartment will look like. If there are new wishes about the concept, it is advisable to voice them at this stage, so you can make adjustments.
Stages of concept development
- You tell us your wishes and ideas about how you want to see the future interior. This is discussed in person with our experts, who record your ideas for further elaboration. Ideally, if you already have a visual or textual description of the ideas you like, these can be photographs, renderings or articles with illustrations. The final embodiment of the ideas will be different from the given examples, here it is more important to capture the atmosphere and the nature of the setting, so that it corresponds as closely as possible to your ideas of beauty.
- This information, obtained in the process of communicating with the client, is entered into the TOR – the main document describing the content of the concept.
- The process of development itself occurs in our studio, the client is not directly involved in it. Detailed discussion of the concept, its form and components – this is not the part of the work, in which the client should be involved, because from the outside it can look somewhat “fuzzy” and difficult to understand, as any creative process. We have found by experience that this approach is optimal, since the stage of concept formation requires highly specialized competence and knowledge, which only specialists possess. The customer does not need to immerse himself in this process, he gets an almost finished product which can be evaluated – a planning solution. It is convenient and visual, because a person sees with his own eyes what the approximate result will be. He can express his opinion, influence the final planning decision – all of this is tangible and understandable, allowing you to build a comfortable interaction.
- After the planning solution is agreed, we proceed to the creation of 3D visualization – at this stage, there are specific details that will be transferred to the actual interior. Decisions are also made here about materials, finishes and decorating techniques.
In the design, the composition of the family and the approximate lifestyle of all household members must be taken into account. Therefore we always recommend getting the wishes of the family in advance, at least in general terms – it helps to make the concept comfortable and aesthetically attractive to all. In the process of work some details can change, add and delete – but the very fact that you consulted with the family, will be very important in assessing the final result.
What will not be in the concept?
- Specific ideas and their technical implementation. Development and implementation of any solutions, the choice of interior decor – this is the next stage – terms of reference. By this time, the main line of work must be fully defined.
- Ready-made color solutions. At this stage, only choose your preferred gamut and general tone – for example, whether you want a dark or light interior, what colors should prevail in it. It is useless to choose colors and their combinations at this stage – it can still change a lot when you consider ideas and options for planning in the future.
- Arrangement of furniture. This is a separate stage of work, one of the final in the development of a design project. Until there is no basic idea to proceed to the arrangement of furniture can not, because the solutions may be unreasonable and inconvenient.